- The Model
- Computer Emission Fund
- Youth Ambassador Program
WithOneSeed supports a regional education plan to encourage school communities from Australia to connect with village-based schools across the Asia Pacific Region to establish collaborative learning and to support each other through educational and awareness programs. It is vital to the Region’s development that strong bonds and understanding are nurtured through the next generation.
The focus is on environmental science and agroforestry education through the creation of school-based tree nurseries in Timor Leste and the building of awareness in Australian schools of the impact on our environment globally of emissions from computer technology.
WithOneSeed Universal Education Program, in association with the Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne, has developed and piloted a school-based educational program (Carbon Futures) with education practitioners in Victoria, Australia and Baguia, Timor-Leste. The activities underpin the WithOneSeed philosophy by promoting knowledge and awareness about the carbon cycle and climate change and provide opportunities for the development of regional understanding with students in Australia to connecting with school communities in Timor-Leste and beyond.
WithOneSeed Universal Education Program raises awareness of significant global environmental, economic and social issues among the younger generation by developing and providing school-based programs in Australia, Timor-Leste and across the Asia Pacific region focused on the carbon cycle (and more). This will be achieved by:
- Providing a range of enjoyable and engaging learning opportunities and activities appropriate to age levels, experience, abilities and cultural context.
- Aligning with the four approved ACAR Australian National Curriculums (Math, English and History) where appropriate, and with the additional curriculums as they are approved (Science, Geography and Citizenship).
- Providing practical opportunities for students to get involved, understand the issues, increase awareness, connect with school communities in the Asia Pacific region, participate in initiatives that contribute to making a difference.
- Supporting and assisting students to understand the issues, aspirations and background of near regional neighbours and:
- Contribute to reducing their technology footprint through the WithOneSeed Computer Emission Fund.