- The Model
- Computer Emission Fund
- Youth Ambassador Program
End Poverty and Hunger
WithOneSeed, we're working to end poverty and hunger. Community Tree Cooperative members, from subsistence farming communities are encouraged to use sustainable farming practices to assist their community to alleviate poverty and hunger by adapting to climate variabilities, building local economies and growing stronger, more resilient communities.
Community Tree Cooperatives
The establishment of Community Tree Cooperatives as social business enterprises can:
- Enhance family wellbeing
- Increase employment opportunities
- Improve living standards
- Deliver education and training activities
- Improve water and soil conservation
- Provide technological advances including broadband access and solar energy production for lighting and power
Expand of opportunities for the next generation of rural communities.
Seven specific benefits:
- Environmental sustainability – increased soil fertility, water sources and wildlife
- Food production – increased variety of food sources and biodiversity and habitat rehabilitation
- Education and skill development – learning how to look after the land
- Livelihood improvement – creating employment opportunities
- Social enterprise development and management
- Increased technological proficiency – provision of information and communication systems
Social enhancement – people working together for a common goal.
Importantly, significant community employment opportunities are created though:
- Planting and maintaining trees
- Tree nursery propagation of seedlings
- Independent tree monitoring teams
- Transport and delivery
- Education and training
- Use of technology used in the carbon trading.